Research at UAGM
En estos momentos nos encontramos trabajando en la implantación del cambio de nombre a Universidad Ana G. Méndez, Recinto de Gurabo en todos nuestros procesos administrativos, académicos y estudiantiles, incluyendo todas las secciones de nuestra página de internet.
Please note we are working on the implementation of changing our name to Universidad Ana G. Méndez, Recinto de Gurabo for all our administrative, academic and student processes, including all sections of our website.
The purpose of the Research Compliance Office is to address issues in compliance with local and federal laws, rules and regulations that govern scientific procedures in research and academic activities. The Office monitors and regulates the use of humans, animals, chemicals, biohazards and DNA in research and teaching activities at all AGMUS Institutions. Compliance Committees are appointed with representation from all AGMUS institutions and the community as required by law.
The main functions and responsibilities of the Office of Research Compliance are classified into four main categories:
- Advise university of the importance of complying, and their responsibility to comply, with the scientific research policies and procedures at AGMUS.
- Advise in the event of a report of non-compliance.
- Assist the AGMUS Occupational Safety and Health Office in Biosafety Management.
- Ensure that all AGMUS scientific research collaborations with other institutions comply with the established norms.
- Monitor compliance with federal and local laws, roles and regulations that govern scientific research projects.
- Evaluate the impact of laws, rules and regulations that govern scientific research performed, coordinated or sponsored by AGMUS.
- Monitor the enforcement of the systemic policies governing scientific research at AGMUS.
- Inspect research facilities in order to guarantee that researchers and their staff comply with the laws, rules and regulations that govern scientific research.
- Participate in the Research Compliance Committees meetings as an observer, to ensure compliance.
Communication, Education and Certification
- Establish and maintain effective communication with agencies that decree and enforce the laws, rules and regulations that govern scientific research performed, coordinated or sponsored by AGMUS.
- Keep the university and scientific community informed of the laws, rules and regulations that govern scientific research which are in effect.
- Design and coordinate the offering of workshops on compliance for the university community.
- Provide annual certifications as required by law.
- Collaborate in the development of research-related Assurances.
- Design the forms and documents for compliance in scientific research.
- Organize and maintain custody of the documents and files concerning the activities and functions of Research Compliance Committees.
- Assist Research Compliance Committees in the development of their procedures and guidelines manuals, reports and file system.
- Provide administrative and clerical support for the Research Compliance Committees.
Research Compliance Committees
Through three key committees and related programs and activities, the Office of Research Compliance develops implements and oversees university policies related to the following areas:
- Research involving humans (the Institutional Review Board [IRB])
- Research for the use of biohazardous materials Biosafety Committee (IBC)
- Research involving laboratory animals (the Animal Care and Use Committee [ACUC])
- Conflicts of Interest
- Misconduct in Science