Escuela de Ciencias de la Salud
Requisitos de Admisión
Bachillerato en Ciencias en Nutrición y Dietética (Coordinado)
The Coordinated Program in Nutrition and Dietetics has been approved by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) for a maximum of 27 students annually. The number of students accepted in the CP ensures that students will receive placement in supervised practice experiences.
- Students interested in the Coordinated Program must be enrolled in the Nutrition Science Program or the Food and Nutrition Management Program at Universidad Ana G. Méndez, Recinto de Gurabo. New freshman will not be admitted directly into the CP.
- Students interested in the CP must request reclassification into the program and will be selected by an evaluation committee based on academic performance, professional behavior, attitude and their potential to successfully complete the program.
- Students must meet the following requirements in order to be considered:
- A minimum overall GPA: 2.75 on a 4.0 scale
- Complete the application process which includes an interview and two letters of reference from faculty members
- The application process will be open to students during the first semester of the third year of one of the undergraduate nutrition programs and have approved the following pre-requisite courses:
- FSHS 105, HUMA 111, MATH 120, SOSC 111, SPAN 250, ENGL 231, BIOL 301, BIOL 304, BIOL 304L, NUTR 201, BIOL 350
- Students may be enrolled in the following courses during the application process: PSYC 123, HIST 253, NUTR 310 and NUTR 420.*
*Once selected for reclassification into the CP, students must approve these courses prior to the reclassification.